Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just sittin' there

Sitting in a classroom with no windows is kind of like a clogged toilet... I can't remember how those two fit together but I am going to share with you anyway.

Today I sat in a classroom with no windows, stacked desks, a ping pong table complete with paddles and balls, and a home work out rack with weights. I have to sit there listening to some guy talk about stuff I already am very familiar with and try to stay awake.

Oh yeah! Now I remember.

The best way for me to stay awake is to make myself as uncomfortable as possible. So during the 8.5 hours that I am there I refrain from using the "facilities" (aka. toilet, john, bathroom, etc.). This, in turn, makes the day go slower but the building pressure keeps me awake. If I did fall asleep I would probably wee (not wheeeee) all over myself, or do the other unimaginable. This also makes for an interesting drive home.

Let me tell you... it is NOT SAFE to do the pee pee dance while driving. Trust me!

So when I get home I must promptly head to the lavatory. This leads me to my second story.

A few days ago, after returning from work, I headed to the "head" only to find the toilet was filled up to the rim with water and little white floaters. When I asked about the toilet's state I was informed that Diamond had used too much toilet paper and clogged it. Despite my finest efforts with a plunger I couldn't get it unclogged.

So in a weird way... sitting in a classroom with no windows is like a clogged toilet. In both situations you just want to fall asleep and hope when you wake up you are dry and the situation is over.

3 comments:

Apple Joos said...

...and that you're not covered in pee.

Candid Carrie said...

I am here from Apple Territory and I am wondering what the hell you did that was so awful to warrant doing time in a classroom without windows?

It must have been something really, really wicked bad.

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

ROFL...Mrs. Joos sent me, and lol, you are too funny!
The clog toilets in our house keep me busy daily!