Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hawaiian Shirt Friday

Since tomorrow is Friday, and I am working with new people, I thought that I would throw out the idea of Hawaiian Shirt Friday. It is the only day of the week where Hawaiian shirts are allowed to be worn by all the employees. I had to run it by my boss first because in my profession we must maintain certain outward appearance's. We have to wear khaki's and a button up shirt or better. So the official word that I got was that if it was a button up with a collar then it would be OK.

When a new group of people first meet you everyone forms the dreaded "First Impression". So I went for gold with my apparel announcement. I will be wearing a Hawaiian Shirt tomorrow and I encourage anyone that can to do the same. In fact... every Friday is Hawaiian Shirt Friday. I may just post a picture of me in my shirt tomorrow. I will report back on how many people actually show up in Hawaiian Shirts tomorrow.

3 comments:

Julie H said...

Cool idea, if only I had a job to wear one to!

Apple Joos said...

Aww! I want a hawaiian vacation, er, I mean, shirt!

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

ROFL....I should have read this first!!

What a bunch of loosers, how dare they leave you hanging like that!!!