Saturday, June 7, 2008

Electric Powder Blue

A few days ago at the store my wife says that I should get some new Polo's for work. I am thinking that it would be cool to have some new stuff to keep me looking "Fresh". I was also thinking that there was something behind all of the "you need new clothes" stuff. Typically when I get new stuff she does too. Which is alright because I like buying things for my wife. It makes her happy.

We just so happen to come across a polo shirt display that had a rainbow of colors. Immediately my wife says "Oh! You need one of these", and picks up a bright Caribbean blue polo.

Me: "Uh... you think I would look good in that?"
Wife: "Yes" (Holds it up to match it to my eyes) "Yes!"
Me: "... Oh Kay"

It this point I am not going to argue. If I didn't have my wife then I would match at all on any given day and i would be wearing things that didn't look good on me. After looking through several more shirts I said. I have no shorts for this summer and started looking around for the clearance rack of shorts. I found the khaki shorts in the middle of the men's section. I also saw a bunch of plaid shorts on the rack next to them. One pair caught my attention and I thought that I could match them with the Baby Powder Electric Caribbean Robin's Egg Blue shirt. Once again my wife came to my rescue. I held out a pair and she told me that they didn't match. I thought they were close enough but like I said earlier. I can't dress myself.

She asked me if I wanted a pair of plaid shorts. I told her that I was thinking of matching a pair with the shirt for summer functions and just to be goofy. We then saw another rack that had the shorts. I think that the shorts and the shirt were meant to go together because the matched perfectly... at least that was what I was told. So I now have a matching pair of Bright Electric Baby Powder Robin's Egg Caribbean Sky Swimming Pool Blue plaid shorts with matching shirt.

3 comments:

Apple Joos said...

Wait, what color were they again?

Unknown said...

'Electric Powder Blue' ... hmmmmm :-)

And did you say that you got plaid shorts to match?

Candid Carrie said...

Oh, I am so envious. My husband is color blind. I live through other women who have husbands that aren't carrying this horrific burden of a visually disabled husband.