Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dirt between my pretty pretty toes

I spent the majority of the time out doors today with my gems. I may have been wearing shoes for about 10 minutes of the time. The grass was soft and it was just too inviting. The bad part is looking down and seeing a sort of gangrene look to your feet. I know it is just dirt and it will wash off but in a way I don't want it to. Dirty feet are like gnarled hands. You know that someone has been working hard to look like that. I was playing hard with my kids. There is a certain respect factor that goes along with that.

"Hey look at that guys feet"

"I know dude... they're filthy"

"Dude... move over and let him through. Show some respect for the hard working dirty feet guy"

It is almost like a Bud Light commercial.
"Real men of genius. Today we salute you... Mr. Filthy Feet Guy. You demand respect from those Air Jordan's, Sketchers, Adidas, and Timberland boot wearing guys."

Something like that.

I had a great time with Diamond and Peridot. We all had dirty feet and enjoyed every minute of making sure they got that way.

4 comments:

Apple Joos said...

*salutes*

KatBouska said...

Hey, I just came over from applejoos. I'm enjoying your blog! Dirty feet and all!

Unknown said...

Good on you!!

I prefer going barefoot. In fact I have trouble buying nice shoes because I spent most of my childhood without my shoes on.

Mind you, in NZ you can do that...no fire ants, snakes, scorpions, etc to worry about!! :-)

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

No NO NO No...I do not like my feet dirty. I don't think there is enough fun in the world to make me enjoy that.
Your post reminded me of my husbands hands whens he comes home from a hard days work. Sometimes he is so dirty from head to toe, I often think, this is too unreal. Do you think he really works THAT hard? Maybe he just rolls around in the dirt just before he heads home to make me think so!