Monday, May 19, 2008

Staying strong through temptation

Ever notice when you are walking down the cookie aisle there is one bag that seems to be staring you down, sending subliminal messages, saying you want me... you need me... take me home with you and eat me before dinner?

Yeah me neither!


So while I was walking through the aisles at the local grocery mart I stopped and stared down the aisle with all the cookies. I was at the end looking all the way to the other end when the aisle started getting longer. All the bags of cookies had eyes that seemed to beckon to me.

Yes I am a guy... this wasn't the chocolate isle. I do the same thing in the camping section at Wal-Mart.

Then one bag jumped out of it's place into my cart. I couldn't believe my eyes. It had tendrils that wrapped themselves around the metal bars. This bag of cookies was going no where.

Much to my dismay, I knew that I shouldn't buy these tasty morsels that can only be described as... OREOs. I was in a bitter bitter struggle between the yummy goodness of the cream filling and the 4 friggin' dollars they would cost me.

Then... out of the corner of my eye there was a bright shinning light. Like the light of thousands of candles. It was my savior come to free me from the terrible grasp of sandwich cookie hell.

It was... the generic version for a dollar fifty. I was saved!

Until next time. :)

1 comment:

Apple Joos said...

Did you hear about the truck that wrecked on the highway in Illinois (or maybe Indiana... I forget which) that was full of Double Stuf Oreos? It shut down all lanes of the highway because when the truck fell, the boxes fell out, ripped open and dumped oreos in the plastic all over the place. Got milk?! Thankfully for my thighs, I'm not an Oreo kind of girl.