Friday, May 16, 2008

Blue Balls Bouncing



Man my butt hurts!

That is not the thing a guy should say with a title like the one I have, but there is a good reason for both. My butt hurts because it has been a while since I have ran or worked out. And the Blue Balls that were Bouncing were racquet balls.

I went to the racquet ball court with three guys. Bob, Tom, and Greg all have their own racquet ball racquets and gloves. Upon sight of these I knew I was in trouble because I don't have either. I had to "borrow" a racquet from the gym. Anyone who has ever borrowed public equipment knows that it is shoddy at best... but I dealt with it. It was fun to just be able to play.

It is a common occurrence that the little blue rubber ball makes contact with you body at high velocity. It doesn't hurt too bad but it does sting a little. Friend Bob has a serve that bounces off the wall right above his partners head... or right next to his partners head... or off his partners head. It all depends where his partner is standing. So while playing with Bob, Tom, and Greg it is imperative that you keep an eye out for the ball and be able to move very quickly.

Greg, whom was on Bob's team, can not move quick enough. This was proven by several blue balls smacking him in the head, shoulder, and gut. Poor, poor Greg...what did he do to deserve that kind of punishment. I'll tell you what he did. He stood still.

Now Tom and I got our fair share of smacks with the ball but I think Greg got hit the most and Bob got hit the worst. I remember tattooing Bob on two occasions. One hit him square in the left calf and left a wasp sting sized welt immediately after impact. The other time was a neer miss. Bob served and I returned it hard and low. Low and hard enough to fly straight between Bobs legs... hit the crotch of his shorts... and still make it to the wall. To Bob's relief his plumbing was not hit but it was rattled a bit from the concussion of the crotch shot.

I like racquet ball and hope to some day have my own racquet and the ability to play regularly.

1 comment:

Apple Joos said...

I enjoy playing raquetball too, but thankfully my partner (who is also my hubby) doesn't insist that I actually play by the rules. It's pretty much "Hit it if it's coming near your head" ball.